Friday, May 11, 2007

1984

After reading the beginning of 1984, it seems very interesting to me. I chose it over 451 because i like the idea more of the story of a guy in a society than a fire fighter burning books. I think it is going to be very interesting to see what happens in this imaginary society. I like it because I can picture it in my head and i can imagine that it is actually happening. The society is dytopia and it is a very suppresive government. The government watches every move that Winston, the main character, does.

1 comment:

Miller said...

Adam: you say in your post that you "can picture it in my head..." What does Bradbury do to make it so you can visualize this imaginary society? Look for some unusual descriptions and/or similes that achieve this. You might find something worth posting about.

Keep reading.